JOB DESCRIPTION: Repair Technician 2
Reports To: Repair Manager
Status: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-exempt
Essential Functions of the job:
- Be able to diagnose and repair both hardware and software issues on personal computers and devices from Windows & Mac.
- Remove Spyware and Malware.
- Restore computers and laptops and make sure all drivers are installed and updates are completed.
- Proficient with hardware repairs & software diagnostics on phones, tablets, and computers.
- Execute board level repairs and micro soldering on mobile devices.
- Develop training curriculum for in-house technicians as well as customers as needed.
- Perform each repair with professionalism, efficiency, courtesy with the customer in mind.
- Become familiar with products, brands and prices and make recommendations of new products and services the company could offer.
- Expand knowledge of micro-soldering and board level repairs/diagnostics.
- Price and ticket items appropriately based on pricing guidelines. Restock inventory following management guidelines. Maintain tech room organization and follow housekeeping and maintenance standards and procedures.
- Develop proficiency in operating computerized ticket management system for all transactions.
- Achieve personal and company sales goals by applying sound customer service and repair protocol.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day.
- Frequently moving and repositioning repair items and equipment up to 40 lbs. without assistance.
- Bending, rotating, and reaching conducive to a retail environment and to receiving, pricing and stocking merchandise.