JOB DESCRIPTION: Repair Technician 1
Reports To: Repair Manager
Status: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-exempt
The purpose of the repair technician position is to receive, diagnose, repair, pack, ship, store and perform quality assurance checks on all incoming and outgoing devices for TechCycle Solutions. The technician is also responsible for the general upkeep and cleanliness of their workspace and other common areas of the workplace. The technician will report directly to the Repair Manager.
- Repair Technicians must be able to diagnose and repair laptops, phones, tablets, and other electronics.
- Repair technicians need to be able to solve issues that might not have a clear solution. Being able to experiment and use trial and error is important.
- Repair Technicians must be able to receive shipments of devices for repair using the protocol outlined by the Repair Manager.
- Repair Technicians must be able to pack and ship devices to clients as they are completed using the protocol outlined by the Repair Manager.
- Repair Technicians must be able to run quality assurance checks on all devices prior to shipment using the protocol outlined by the Repair Manager.
- Repair Technicians must be able to maintain inventory management of parts and devices in the warehouse according to the protocol outlined by the Repair Manager.
- Ability to work professionally and courteously at all times with co-workers, management, clients and the general public.
- Ability to handle phone (answering and directing calls) and walk-in traffic (greeting, answering questions, providing customer service and intake of devices), and meet deadlines in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner.
- Greet customers/coworkers immediately, determine their needs, and handle all transactions in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Demonstrated competence in understanding, interpreting, and communicating procedures, policies, information, ideas, and instructions.
- Proficiency with office software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, calendaring and email systems.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information and to exercise tact, sound judgment, diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to maintain a clean workspace. This includes general cleaning duties of the following areas but not limited to front office spaces, personal workspace, warehouse and other areas of regular use.